There are basic SEO activities that can be implemented immediately:
- Develop separate pages for services
- Avoid frames and heavy flash in websites
- Add images that says the exact message (Image optimization is also a part of Search Engine Optimization
- Place a complete website site map in the footer of the website – So that the user can reach all the major pages of the website.
- Use unique title and description for each page – This will immediately help the website’s ranking, thus improving search engine result pages
- Avoid use of complex tables
- Use External Scripts such as (Java Script, CSS) to reduce the page size
- Implement headlines on each webpage. This assists in rating identifying what pages are more important than the others on the site, when searched on by search engines. NB To take advantage of this, we also recommend keywords in each page headline.
- Use keywords in the website inner pages urls, when linking or cross-referencing other parts of the web page
- Establishing http://delicious.com/ for global shared / social bookmarking
- Start a parallel blog and forum site.
- Understand the sites sub-domain strategy and implement a separate domain for related sites or partner organisations.
- Ask more related sites to link their first pages to your site, thus allowing your site to inherit ranking from these sites.
NB It is important to understand that SEO is not an instant â€˜fixâ€™ or â€˜cureâ€™ to improve low visibility sites. Content availability, associated quality and impact on respondents is variable and unpredictable. The nature of the Internet is similar to living networks, this organic penetration is what sustains a websites presence and therefore, ranking and visibility.
Search engine optimisation services can include:
- Keyword analysis
- Page optimisation
- Search engine submission
- Search engine reporting
- Analytics review – Understanding and optimising pay-per click costs