A Microsoft Tablet seems to be on the horizon, just like Apple it is apparently planning the release of new hardware. A few months back we were ecstatic about the possibilities of a ‘big’ ipod touch / Apple Tablet / whatever it will end up being.
I found this video on the Gizmodo website.
It will certainly bring about the potential for
- A more comprehensive eBook
- New field based applications
- Collaborative working (inc: content sharing)
- Greener apps – reducing paper
- Colour for a A new type of interactive experience for content / articles/ ebooks.
If the latter is true, have publishers already started to develop books with on-line links to reliable references?
But what about basic issues such as:
- Battery life
- Interoperability both in terms of applications and different hardware (will there be a return to IBM VS APPLE)
- Secure information &
- Ensuring you don’t get mugged!
Could it become an interface for a surface computer? Now that would be something!